Building Chemicals Specialists
Set Retarding Concrete Admixture
UNIPLAST C09R is a blend of glucosides and other inorganic and organic chemicals which is easily dispersed in water.
UNIPLAST C09R entrains less than 2% of additional air to concrete at normal dosages.
UNIPLAST C09R disperses the fine particles of cement in the concrete mix, enabling the water content to perform more effectively thus improving concrete consistency and increased workability.
The initial hydration of the cement is delayed, resulting in a delay in the setting time of the concrete with no negative effect on subsequent stiffening and strength gain.
UNIPLAST C09R complies with CYS EN934-2:2009 +A1:2012 Table 8 - Specific requirements for set retarding admixtures (at equal consistence).
UNIPLAST C09R is certified by CERTIF (Certification Organization) with the Certificate of the Factory Production Control with Certificate Number 1328 - CPR - 0063 and bears CE marking.
Specific Gravity: 1,165± 0,01 at 20°C
pH: 6,75 ± 1,0 at 20°C
Chloride Content: Chloride Free
Trials should be carried out with the proposed concrete mix in order to determine the optimum dosage of UNIPLAST C09R.
Suggested starting point dosages are 0.05 to 0.10 litres / 50 kg of cement. Higher dosages may be used to meet particular mix requirements.
UNIPLAST C09R is compatible with all types of cement which are produced in Cyprus and performs extremely well with microsilica. It can also be combined with all other Concrete Admixtures manufactured by our company.
The level of retardation obtained may be varied by altering the dosage of UNIPLAST CO9R used, which will also alter the lever of water reduction obtained.
Retardation is also affected by factors other than the admixture, depending on the mix design and conditions involved. High temperatures will require increased dosages.
- To improve set retardation of concrete in high temperatures.
- To extend working time.
- To help maintain the workability of ready mixed concrete deliveries in hot weather.
- To increase initial and final setting time.
- Chloride free, safe to be used in reinforced and prestressed concrete.
- Minimised transportation delay problems maintain placeability and reduces the risk of pump blockage.
- Increased workability facilitates placing and compaction.
- Set retardation controls stiffening time of concrete in hot weather.