Building Chemicals Specialists
Long Term Retarding Mortar Admixture
UNIPLAST RM11 plasticising and retarding admixture based on a blend of organic retarders which is easily dispersed in water.
UNIPLAST RM11 enhances the dispersion of cement particles in a mortar mix, exposing a greater surface area of cement to the mixing water and enabling the water content of the mortar to perform more effectively.
UNIPLAST RM11 delays the initial hydration of cement.
Careful selection of dosage and use in combination with Uniplast AM90 air entraining agent allows extension of the working life of a pre-mixed mortar as suitable for the laying of bricks and blocks.
UNIPLAST RM11 complies with CYS EN934-3:2009+A1:2012
Table 4 – General requirements and
Table 3 – Additional requirements for admixtures for long term retarded, ready to use mortar at equal consistence.
UNIPLAST RM11 is certified by CERTIF (Certification Organization) with the Certificate of the Factory Production Control with Certificate Number 1328 - CPR - 0063 and bears CE marking.
Specific Gravity: 1,220± 0,01 at 20°C
pH: 9,25 ± 1,0 at 20°C
Chloride Content: Chloride Free
Trials should be carried out with the proposed mortar mix in order to determine the optimum dosage of UNIPLAST RM11. Typical dosage levels for UNIPLAST RM11 for use in retarded mortars lie in the range of 0.30 to 1.60 liters / 100 kg of cement. The actual level will depend on the type of sands used and the working life required.
Where lime is used in the mortar mix the admixture should be dosed on the total amount of lime and cement in the mix.
Dosages outside the typical ranges quoted below may be used if necessary and suitable to meet particular mix requirements, provided that adequate supervision is available.
- To produce in conjunction with UNIPLAST AM90 air entrainer, a pre-mixed retarded mortar with a usable life of up to 48 hours.
- To prolong the working life of pre-mixed renders or screeds.
- To be used in mortars containing lime or sands containing more than 10% of sit as measured by the Field Setting Test
- Controlled retardation provides extended working life.
- Allows pre-mixing of mortar in large volumes for gradual use with a usable life of up to 48 hours, increasing quality and consistency of the mortar.
- Usable with a wide range of sands, including those containing large quantities of fine material that may otherwise give workability retention problems.
- Allows easier use of locally available materials.
- In combination with UNIPLAST AM90 air-entrainer, provides a combination of air entrainment and reduced water content in the mix, decreasing water absorption and enhancing durability.