Building Chemicals Specialists
New Generation (Polycarboxylate Ether) Concrete Admixtures Set Retarding / High Range Water Reducing / Superplasticising Concrete Admixture
UNIPLAST SCS45 is a superplasticiser based on selected synthetic polycarboxylate ether polymers which is easily dispersed in water.
UNIPLAST SCS45 entrains less than 2% of additional air to concrete at normal dosages.
UNIPLAST SCS45 disperses the fine particles of cement in the concrete mix, enabling the water content to perform more effectively. The very high levels of water reduction possible allow major increases in strength obtained.
UNIPLAST SCS45 complies with CYS EN934-2:2009 + A1:2012
Table 11.1 - Specific requirements for set retarding / high range water reducing /superplasticizing admixtures (at equal consistence) and
Table 11.2 - Specific requirements for set retarding / high range water reducing /superplasticizing admixtures (at equal w/c ratio).
UNIPLAST SCS45 is certified by CERTIF (Certification Organization) with the Certificate of the Factory Production Control with Certificate Number 1328 - CPR - 0063 and bears CE marking.
Specific Gravity: 1,05± 0,01 at 20°C
pH: 5,5 ± 1,0 at 20°C
Chloride Content: Chloride Free
Trials should be carried out with the proposed concrete mix in order to determine the optimum dosage of UNIPLAST SCS45.
For normal concrete a dosage between 0.15 to 0.50 litres/50 kg of cement be used, and for high strength concrete, dosage between 0.25 to 0.75 litres/50 kg of cement.
Dosages outside the typical ranges quoted above may be used if necessary and suitable to meet particular mix requirements, provided that adequate supervision is available.
UNIPLAST SCS45 is compatible with all types of cement which are produced in Cyprus and performs extremely well with microsilica. It can also be combined with all other Concrete Admixtures manufactured by our company
- To provide acceleration of strength gain at early ages and significant increases in strength at all ages by reducing the w/c ratio of a concrete mix.
- Particularly suitable for precast concrete and high early strength requirements.
- To significantly improve workability of site mixed and precast concrete without increasing water.
- To provide enhanced durability by increasing ultimate strengths and reducing concrete permeability.
- To extend working time
- Chloride free, safe to be used in reinforced and prestressed concrete.
- Major reductions in w/c ratio, which allow the production of high strength concrete without excessive, cement contents.
- Use in production of Self Compacting concrete permits easier construction with quicker placing and compaction without increasing water content.
- Increased workability levels are maintained for longer than with other similar admixtures.
- Improved cohesion and particle dispersion minimize segregation and bleeding and improves pump ability.
- Minimise transportation delay problems